Thursday, September 13, 2012

Three, six, nine

Jamaica Plain Open Studios is rapidly approaching - my first ever art fair- and I've decided I might not have enough small, entry-level paintings to offer. So, I stretched a large half-sheet of Arches, and drew a nine-block grid on it (approximately 4.5" x 7.3" for each rectangle), and headed over to Jamaica Pond with the intention of "mass producing" nine little paintings at once. I tackled one row at a time, working in a sketchy, continuous panorama style.


I was quite pleased with the results, and tried slight variations in style for each row. But now I'm wondering if I've really produced three triptychs. Or perhaps one triptych and six little paintings? It seems every "solution" creates new "problems"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts or comments for the author