Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Return to Secret Beach

Good friends have enriched our lives by taking us to a fabulous hideaway they call "Secret Beach". It's an idyllic and mostly private stretch of sand where Sage Lot Pond empties into Waquoit Bay, in Mashpee on Cape Cod. Last year I did a very quick plein air sketch for our host and then took lots of photos:


Over the winter, I did a more refined painting as a Christmas present for our friends:



Later still I returned to my photo references and did this one:


 Last weekend we got a chance to go back again and I did two more plein air paintings while the dogs raced by kicking up sand and the boys hung over my shoulder asking questions:




Sure is a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts or comments for the author